Shifter Island
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

In the Cave (Semi-Open)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mjodvitnir

Mjodvitnir

In the Cave (Semi-Open) Empty
PostSubject: In the Cave (Semi-Open)   In the Cave (Semi-Open) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 4:58 pm

[This is in the Eastern site, in the Kau-Lung Battle Cave - Thus, semi-open due to the problems one can get into, but would rather avoid]

Ulf dodged his massive body as a fist raged towards his face, not that it would have made a difference – His face was running with blood, both his own, and the other contestants, he spun around with his leg, and swiped his opponent of his feet and head first into the ring floor – he started writhing while Ulf got up and grabbed him by the neck and lifted his face up to look at the audience who started cheering for Ulf – He let go and the referee flew up and counted to three and raised Ulf’s arm, causing a slight snap as his shoulder was fixed back into place.

ONCE AGAIN, ULF DEFENDS HIS TITLE AS THE CHAMPION FIGHTER IN THE KAU-LUNG BATTLE CAVE AND WINS! The referee yelled into a microphone, and it boomed out the speakers around the enormous room causing even more cheer as music started booming out the speakers and multicoloured light flashed around. Ulf jumped up, lifting the referee with him then dropping to the floor confused at what just happened, only to be helped up by Ulf, Sorry, man – He jumped on top of one of the posts in the corner, roaring like a lion and striking his chest with both hands at the same time – He then jumped off the post, and to the floor, making a round, then making his way back to the changing room where he got a shower, some fresh clothes and went to the training room – A huge room, not unlike the main fighting area, only filled with training equipment in all its forms, and occasionally fans of the fighters.

He started punching away on a punching bag, occasionally jumping up and kicking the bag with his shin, knee or other part of his leg.
Back to top Go down
Fire
Admin
Fire

PostSubject: Re: In the Cave (Semi-Open)   In the Cave (Semi-Open) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 5:40 pm

He better freaking win....Please win. A woman thought from the audience. She couldn't see much except for the massive fighter and he seemed to be doing a good job. He was ugly, bare chested, scarred and tattooed; two of which were things she did not like in a man. Her long, light brown hair flew freely. Human elastics were cruel to the one ironically watching two men beat the crap out of each other. Her eerie, green eyes stared and waited. Would he win? Alexis knew nothing about the fights, she never did. Only coming here out of sheer boredom, Alexis didn't even know the name of the gigantic fighter.

Why then was she so concerned with a stranger winning? She had done what any self respecting woman on the East Side would do; she had a bet on the oversized ugly ass. Smiling as she saw him knock the other guy down, she was almost in bliss when the announcer said he had won. Slipping silently away, she walked over to the area where she would soon receive 1,000 dollars. A man with broken teeth had stupidly bet her and she had stupidly taken it in return.

Give me my money Patrick. With a sigh, the man gave Alexis her money. He knew her and since he was a sparrow Were he was terrified of her. Just her reputation was enough for him to go into his wallet and pull out one thousand. Alexis counted it, smiled and marched her pretty little self to the training room. She had to personally thank....Ulf...for winning.

Her walk was agile as she went into the room. Her eyes piercing although she didn't mean them to be. Alexis was almost never in her human form, prefering her animal form much more. The smile widened as she began to talk to the massive man before her, without a second of fear. Thank you Ulf for never disappointing. Tell me...do you enjoy all this testosterone and beating each other up?
Back to top Go down
https://shiftisle.rpg-board.net
Mjodvitnir

Mjodvitnir

PostSubject: Re: In the Cave (Semi-Open)   In the Cave (Semi-Open) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 6:41 pm

Ulf hears someone and makes a final punch to the bag, which breaks the hook that held it and sends it flying a few feet back before landing with a loud crash, he stretches his arms and turns to the person, only to look down, he raises both eyebrows and smirks, I do what I do best, it just happens to not be very nice, it was also the only thing he knew and did, he couldn't do much else, like any other skills then fighting had been removed from his head. His smirk turned into a smile as the girl didn't seem to be afraid of him.

He made his way to one of the steel benches in the room and sat down, picking up a clean towel and wiping his brow, I take it you made a bet on me?, he coughed and spit into a sink by the bench and turned on the water to flush out the saliva and blood, then turned it off, and returned his attention to the girl, she didn't seem like the other girls that frequented the place, she was more... Courageous, it always took the other girls a few seconds to gather their minds and talk to him.

He swung the towel behind his neck and leaned back, it wasn't like he was going anywhere, the Cave was better then his place, like his place even deserves the term "place", he didn't get paid enough to keep it neat, nor did he have money to buy a better place.. Not that anyone would have a scarred, tattooed, and not to forgot giant beast living in their complexes.
Back to top Go down
Fire
Admin
Fire

PostSubject: Re: In the Cave (Semi-Open)   In the Cave (Semi-Open) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 10:58 pm

That dazzling smile continued as a punching bag went flying. It made her want to turn Falcon. His rush seemed to come from the testosterone driven kicking of ass, her rush came from 100 mph dives after prey...or just for fun. This human form was so irritating and she wanted to get out. Land creatures had no clue what they were missing. Either way, her attention turned to the monster of a man.

As he sat down, she stood leaning on the door frame with arms folded. As he wiped his brow with a towel she didn't flinch. Being a bird of prey, she was almost never nervous. This was certainly not a time to act like a girly girl. Her eyes darted around the smelly training room. This was miles away from the house on the other end of East Side. Skyscrapers, high buildings, and pretty much anything off the ground was her safe haven. None of which smelled though which was rare on the East Side of the City.

To tell you the truth, I didn't even know your name until the announcer said it. I was bored, needed money, and you seemed big enough to beat the other guy. Seemed a safe bet. We all do our best with what we have. I'd rather dive off a skyscraper then fight some dude for a rush but that's just me. So, what does a big lug like you eat?
Back to top Go down
Mjodvitnir

Mjodvitnir

PostSubject: Re: In the Cave (Semi-Open)   In the Cave (Semi-Open) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 2:06 pm

He raised his eyebrow and looked at the girl, So, your a bird?, an interesting lot them birds, tended to make good fighters, some of them at least, he gets up and throws the towel in a basket, I eat a lot, 2-3 kilos... In this form anyway, he could eat about 8 or 9 kilos when transformed, Usually it's just steaks, easiest thing to prepare, he touched his forehead, the rush had started to withdraw - It was usually the only thing that kept him from being loony. He removed his hand again and looked at the girl, Any particular reason you asked?, he smiled, sensing she had something on her mind, though it might as well be his craze toying with his mind.
Back to top Go down
Fire
Admin
Fire

PostSubject: Re: In the Cave (Semi-Open)   In the Cave (Semi-Open) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 5:11 pm

Alright so he knew she was a bird. But did he know what kind? That didn't particularly matter much, or maybe it did. Alexis still wasn't sure about that. As he got up, she noticed that he at least picked up for himself and put things where they should be. Good man-beast, she thought with a smile. Trying like hell to remember her school math, she tried to convert kilos into pounds in her head. Either way, it was a lot , much more then what she weighed when transformed. The man could easily eat her in a single gulp BUT he'd have to catch her first. The thought toyed with her mind a bit like a cat playing with its prey.

It was then that she wondered what this man could tranform into. He smelled vaguely of cat beneath the sweat and odor that was coming off him. The size of him seemed to show that he was one of the bigger felines. This of course, was validated when he said he ate steak. To her steak was disgusting and so was seafood. I am a chicken person myself...or pigeon, sparrow, song birds in general..that type of stuff. She paused for a moment to ponder why she had asked him that question to begin with.

She had no business asking him out to dinner. She had no attraction for this man-beast whatsoever. He fought for his money and considering the amount, probably did not have a nice house. He had nothing to offer her. So why was she asking what he ate? Biting the bullet, she decided she'd just like to have someone to talk to. No specific reason for asking, just figured you were hungry after that fight. Why don't you clean yourself up and I'll take you out to eat? Gotta spend that money you helped me win on something. Might as well spend it feeding the both of us.
Back to top Go down
Mjodvitnir

Mjodvitnir

PostSubject: Re: In the Cave (Semi-Open)   In the Cave (Semi-Open) Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 2:55 pm

He pondered her choice of meals as he stretched, trying to think of what specific bird, *Bird of prey obviously.. Eagle.. Falcon?* he thought, he listened to her while she offered taking him out eating, he got up in full height and smiled, I wouldn't mind getting something to eat... What's your name?, he asked and tilted his head slightly, as she hadn't told him her name, it would be nice to know so he could thank her.

Finishing, he makes his way back to the changing room and takes another shower, still pondering what the girls transformed state is, as he gets done he approaches a locker and pulls it open, destroying the lock and shrugging his shoulders, not his fault it was locked, it's supposed to be open in case someone needs a quick change of clothes - he pulls out a clean pair of pants and a shirt in his size and puts them on, though still wears his jika-tabi's. He looks himself in the mirror, black pants and a black turtleneck - At least it covered the scars that wasn't on his face, though he only had 2, the one down his eye, and one on his lip, and a somewhat busted nose. He grabbed his nose and yanked it a bit, resulting in it looking a bit more straight.

He runs a quick comb through his hair and gets back to the girl, still smiling despite another part of him pressing on to get control of his head, he just hoped he could subdue it till after they had parted, Well, I'm ready now, you lead the way, he nods and walks alongside her, trying to appear less menacing then normally.
Back to top Go down
Fire
Admin
Fire

PostSubject: Re: In the Cave (Semi-Open)   In the Cave (Semi-Open) Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 8:44 pm

Should she tell him what she was? Very few knew that she was the falcon killing most of the cities pigeons and song birds. Quite honestly, their songs annoyed her and plus they tasted good. For a brief moment she seemed to have gone into a daze. Should she tell the potentially big cat that she was a bird? First, it would seem that an introduction was in order. Forgetting that she had not said her name, Alexis smiled. Silly bird. My name is Alexis. You may call me Lexi.

Then the man beast went off to clean up. As he did so, she wondered what she was doing. Lexi? She had actually allowed him to call her by her old nickname. Only her parents had called her that. What was wrong with her? Was she losing her mind? It was then that she finally moved. Pacing from one end of the training room to the next, she brushed her fingers across the equipment not in use. When she heard a bang, Alexis jumped before she could stop herself. Soon afterwards, Ulf came out looking more man then beast.

Smiling in approval, Alexis couldn't help but wonder what a shirt and less scars did to the man. He was slightly more attractive for some reason. Maybe because she didn't feel like he could kill her in a second. Either way, she watched as he walked over to her. With only a nod, she led the way through the still semi-crowded audience, to the entrance of the cave, and finally out to the street. The place she was thinking of was right down the street. It served chicken and steaks in all types of ways.

Walking through the door, the waiter simple smiled at her. After watching fights for boredom, she often came here to eat. Taking her straight in, he gave her a table to sit at. Only then did she speak to the man who had come with her. I come here often, Toni knows me by face. Even he doesn't know my name. I suppose I should tell you my other side. I'm a Peregrine Falcon. How about you?
Back to top Go down
Mjodvitnir

Mjodvitnir

PostSubject: Re: In the Cave (Semi-Open)   In the Cave (Semi-Open) Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 10:13 pm

Ulf kept following Alexis, keeping an eye on the surroundings, knowing that anyone could be lurking in and around the cave, there wasn’t anyone, maybe due to him, few people wanted to step up to him outside the ring, could be because he had a reputation for holding back inside the ring. As they enter the restaurant he looks around, he had never been in a restaurant, and only a hotdog stand was the closest he had gotten to buying something from a kitchen.

He sits after Alexis, although not knowing that much of table manners, only that it was much different from when he and the other fighters ate, the law of the jungle ruled at that point, a small chuckle slipped out his lips, sounding a tad different then his regular voice, only to be accompanied by a cough and the sentence, Sorry about that, Lexis.

It almost crossed over, much to Ulf’s disproval, he listened to Alexis explain what she was, so his assumptions weren’t wrong, she was a bird of prey, he nods and smiles, My other side is a Liger, an albino to be exact, much like myself.
Back to top Go down
Fire
Admin
Fire

PostSubject: Re: In the Cave (Semi-Open)   In the Cave (Semi-Open) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 2:10 pm

Seeing Ulf at the other side of the table, trying so hard to have table manners was quite hilarious. He chuckled and then coughed before apologizing. There was no need for that and Alexis simple nodded to accept it. Soon afterwards, Alexis found out his other side and it made incredible sense. He was a Liger, a mix between a tiger and a lion. Never seeing one herself, she did know that they were huge, much bigger then herself. Perhaps this explained his gigantic size and lack of table manners. Either way, knowing what he was made it easier to accept the huge man in front of her. Ligers were pretty, huge but pretty and for some reason she wanted to see him in that form. That's awesome that you're a liger. How old are you?

They were interrupted as a young waitress walked up to the table and asked what they wanted. Looking quickly at the menu she didn't need long to figure out what she wanted. Chicken parm and a sprite please. The waitress wrote it down before looking towards Ulf. Alexis loved chicken parm in her human form but when she changed she liked her bird raw and without anything else. Curious, she waited to see what the big liger-man would order.
Back to top Go down
Mjodvitnir

Mjodvitnir

PostSubject: Re: In the Cave (Semi-Open)   In the Cave (Semi-Open) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 5:46 pm

Ulf stretched his legs a bit, sitting a bit uncomfortable with his knees pressing against the table, he kept looking at Alexis then had the age question shoved in his face – He really didn’t know, all he had to follow was a dog-tag like pendant he had around his neck when he started remembering himself some 15 years ago or so, he pulled it out from his pocket and left it on the table, According to this, I’m 30., he pointed at it with an open palm.

He looked at it as they were approached by the waitress, then listened to Alexis’ order, when the waitress looked at him, he considered for a bit, he had a craving for cattle, only being served sheep and such in the Cave, after giving it some thought, he looked at the waitress, What about a 16 ounce steak, and a sprite? The waitress wrote the uncommon order down, apparently, they had a 16 ounce steak, Ulf smiled as the waitress walked off and then looked back at Alexis.
Back to top Go down
Fire
Admin
Fire

PostSubject: Re: In the Cave (Semi-Open)   In the Cave (Semi-Open) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 5:25 pm

He carried a dog tag around? That added a few extra awesome points to the guy. Either way, just the fact he didn't know how old he was made her giggle. He was five years older then her, interesting. His order made her smile, a 16 ounce steak? Dang this dude could eat. A few minutes later, the waitress came out with their drinks. They both had the same beverage she noticed. Not really knowin what to say she studied Ulf. She was saved by the food coming out. Not used to eating bird with her hands, she was a little clumsy with the silverware. Looking to Ulf, she laughed. Well, I'm 25, and I have no idea how to use these blasted things. Beaks are so much better at tearing into your food. Then again I'm sure big canine teeth work just as well. So, when's your next fight?
Back to top Go down
Mjodvitnir

Mjodvitnir

PostSubject: Re: In the Cave (Semi-Open)   In the Cave (Semi-Open) Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 9:21 pm

Ulf smiled as Alexis giggled, and swopped the tag off the table and stuck it in his pocket as the waitress came along with their drinks, he pushed it to the side and looked briefly at Alexis, he wasn’t good at breaking silence, so he looked away and waited till the food was served and watched Alexis slightly clumsy attempts with the silverware – He wasn’t particularly good himself, he usually used his hands when in human form – He picked up the silverware and chuckled at her comment about their animal forms being better for eating, that was true, he did have an easier time eating when in that form, he began cutting the steak and pondering when his next fight is, Next week I assume, but there’s the challenges which just pops up randomly.
Back to top Go down
hiydon

hiydon

PostSubject: Re: In the Cave (Semi-Open)   In the Cave (Semi-Open) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 12:16 am

O.O.C. If you need consultation as to what a Suev is, here is a link: https://shiftisle.rpg-board.net/species-profiles-f12/suevans-t15.htm

In the training room of the Kau Lung Battle Cave, a Suevan Man was training and basicly hiding from authorities. He had struck a deal with the grand comissioner that he could hide there if only he would fight for him, expecting no pay, instead he would accept food and drink and a hideout. He never told the comissioner why he was hiding. It was because he was a Suev. Most people who even knew what a Suev was(However few there were) believed that they no longer existed. But he had been seen in public, and since he has learned to master his other senses while wearing a blindfold to hide his glowing green eyes. He had been living here for two years, after being sent as a spy for the Blue Sun government.

This man, Davon, Has since learned to be a quick and diligent fighter.

Davon tried to take in his surroundings through his heightened four senses that he used. Even if he was alone, he kept the black band on his eyes. He had been used to blindness, and he didn't want to lose his abilities that he had gained with his other senses. He had been blindfolded for two years, and he wasn't about to change that.
Davon approached the punching bag and started hitting it. Soon after, he worked a rhythmic sequence of punches onto the bag. He started following a rhythm and punched it so hard, his knuckles started to bleed. He put antiseptic on the wounds and bandaged the wounds. He did this to himself almost every day. Surprisingly enough, it did no permanent damage to his hands. It only made them stronger and more tolerant of pain. He decided that he was tired and headed to the back of the room and used a special key to open a door to an almost-empty storage room. In this room, there was a sleeping bag, a dresser, and a lamp on top of the dresser. He shut the door behind him, carelessly forgetting to lock it, and he got into his sleeping bag and fell sound asleep.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In the Cave (Semi-Open)   In the Cave (Semi-Open) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In the Cave (Semi-Open)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shifter Island :: Were Territories :: Red Moon City-
Jump to: